Kir Royal Cocktail is a French cocktail made with champagne and blackcurrant (“cassis” in French) liqueur.
If you like sweet cocktails, you will love this cocktail! It’s one of my favourites because it’s easy to make and delicious.
In France, it is drunk as an aperitif on the terrace or during parties.
What you’ll need
For one glass:
- 90 ml of champagne or sparkling wine
- 10 ml of blackcurrant liqueur
- Raspberries or currants to garnish!
- Add the blackcurrant liqueur first, then the champagne into a champagne flute.
- Add the fruits and voila! Enjoy!
You see, you don’t need a lot of ingredients, and it’s super simple to do.
- Put a small spoon in the champagne once it’s open so that it keeps its sparkling!
- Pick an authentic French blackcurrant liqueur “creme de cassis” from Dijon, France. Choose the best liqueur for a tasty Kir Royal cocktail! See picture below.