The Nicoise salad is a traditional culinary delicacy from the south of France (the city of Nice). Widespread throughout the world, it’s a symbol of provencal cuisine. It is eaten as a starter or main dish, with red or white wine.
What you’ll need
- 6 eggs
- 150g black and green olives
- 15 anchovies marinated in oil
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Cook the eggs for about 10 minutes in boiling water. Let them cool.
- Rinse the olives. Cut the anchovies in half. Cut the tomatoes and cucumber into slices. Finely chop the peppers.
- Peel the boiled eggs and cut them into 4.
- In a salad bowl, mix olive oil and vinegar. Add all the ingredients, salt, pepper and mix.
- Leave at least 1 hour in the fridge before serving.
Tip: The Nicoise salad has many variations. You can add rice, green beans and potatoes… according to your taste. Be creative!