The French Goat cheese salad is a typical dish of French cuisine! Mostly enjoyed during summer on a Parisian terrace or in the family garden, this salad is perfect if like me you love cheese with a touch of honey! The recipe is simple, quick and the result is delicious.
What you’ll need:
100g diced bacon
100g mixed greens salad
4 goat cheeses (soft-ripened, not fresh)
4 slices of bread (wholemeal or baguette)
1 tablespoon of vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
A dash of honey
- Fry the bacon in a hot pan, without adding any fat
- In a salad bowl, mix the salad with the oil and the vinegar
- Divide the salad among the plates. Add the bacon
- Place the goat cheeses on the slices of bread and brown for a few minutes under the grill of the oven
- Place them on plates, and serve immediately
And voila, your French goat cheese salad is ready!
My delicious tip: Add honey on the hot goat cheese, it’s so tasty!
For more details on every type of French goat cheeses, visit this website who explains it very well.
Are you a cheese addict like myself? Check out my How to create the perfect cheese platter article! 🙂